Durability: Moderately Durable
Sizes available: 25, 40, 50 mm
|Trade Name:||Victorian Ash|
|Botanical Species:||Eucalyptus delegatensis|
|Other Names:||Tasmanian Oak, Mountain Ash|
|Country of Origin:||Australia|
|Air Dry Density:||660kgs/m³|
|Strength:||6+ (on a scale from 1 – 10)|
Difficult to dry
Requires a long period of air seasoning
- The timber is quarter sawn to facilitate drying.
- The colour ranges from light beige to light brown with sometimes a pink tint.
- The grain is usually straight but sometimes interlocked or wavy.
- Such material often produces an attractive fiddle-back figure.
- The timber saws and machines well.
- Re-sawing or deep cutting is not recommended.
- Finishes well and can be glued, screwed, stained satisfactory.
- Timber for interior joinery , cabinet making and finishing. Great for flooring.
- Colour varies from light beige to light brown, often with a pinkish tinge.
- Available in square sections.
- Fixed width boards available.
- Glues, stains and polishes well.
- Long lengths available.
- Veneers available.
- Gum steaks are a regular occurrence.
- Colour variations do occur.